The Enjoying Aloneness Project – Ending Jealousy Permanently (Part 5)
Loneliness is some hard core business. Codependency can be a helpful protection against feelings of loneliness, but it has some unfortunate side effects. When your sense of self is merged with another person, any break in connection with them can feel intolerable. If instead, you know how to enjoy being alone, then aloneness (part of our fundamental nature) no longer equals loneliness (the sense of desperation that happens when interpersonal needs go unmet). When you enjoy aloneness, a break in connection just means you get to enjoy some time with yourself!
The Enjoying Aloneness Project is a set of practices and beliefs to replace the ones that make up codependency. Those practices include . . .
- loving yourself so you enjoy your own company
- deepening intimacy everywhere so aloneness no longer implies loneliness
- sensing our connectedness with others even no one else is around
- learning to be whole and complete as a separate individual
This video is part 5 in a 6-part series on Ending Jealousy Permanently
- Part 1: Naming Is Framing
- Part 2: Deconstructing Suffering
- Part 3: The Loving Yourself Project
- Part 4: The Deepening Intimacy Project
- Part 5: The Enjoying Aloneness Project
- Part 6: The Loving What Is Project